FollowersFollowers: 0
BookmarksBookmarks: 0
Views: 633

News about the skiing accident by Michael Schumacher 
AuthorMessage
Forum Admin

News about the skiing accident by Michael Schumacher
This are terrible news.
I hope that Michael Schumacher will soon be well again.
My thoughts are with him and his family

*** The link is only visible for members, go to login. ***

30. Dec 2013, 23:43
Profile YIM   Personal Album
Forum Admin

Post Re: News about the skiing accident by Michael Schumacher

30. Dec 2013, 23:44
Forum Admin

31. Jan 2014, 01:16
Forum Admin

Michael Schumacher moved to Switzerland
The most successful Formula 1 driver in history is no longer in a coma. He left the hospital in Grenoble, told his manager Sabine Kehm.

The most successful Formula 1 driver in history is no longer in a coma. He left the hospital in Grenoble, told his manager Sabine Kehm. | Source: DPA

1 | 21

Michael Schumacher has awakened after a serious skiing accident from a coma and has to leave the hospital in Grenoble. But before the ex-racer is probably still a long way.

The fans of Michael Schumacher around the world breathe a sigh: The Formula 1 world champion is no longer in a coma. The 45-year-old native of Kerpen has to leave the hospital in Grenoble, in which he had been admitted on December 29, 2013, life-threatening head injuries. "Michael has left the CHU Grenoble to continue his long period of rehabilitation. He is no longer in a coma," was his manager Sabine Kehm announced in a press statement. About the exact state Schumacher they did not provide data.

Also, at which place the father of two children, who lived for many years at Lake Geneva, now makes the rehab, not Kehm said. However, the University Hospital of Lausanne (CHUV) announced at noon that Schumacher had been transferred to their clinic. CHUV media spokesman Darcy Christen confirmed the Swiss news agency sda.

As the "Bild" newspaper reported Schumacher should open in his waking phases, the eyes and communicate with his wife Corinna and his children. Schumacher biographer Karin Sturm said in an interview with N24 that he probably "responds to voices and touch senses."
FROM THE MEDIA
Michael Schumacher moved to rehabilitation clinic
Michael Schumacher woke up
Neurologist expressed cautious
First moments of consciousness in April

Kehm reiterated: "For the future, we ask for your understanding that his further rehabilitation should take place outside of the public." It was the first opinion of the manager for about two months. At that time she had told of moments of consciousness and awakening, the show Schumacher.

The doctors in Grenoble had started the end of January in order to reduce the anesthetic and initiate the recovery phase after Schumacher had emergency surgery about three hours after his accident at the ski area above Méribel. He had suffered severe head trauma in the fall despite a helmet.

"His family would like to expressly thank all physicians, nurses, nurses and therapists in Grenoble, as with the first responders at the scene, who have done an excellent job in these first months," Kehm wrote. The thanks of the family also applies to all the people who had sent Michael so many good wishes. "They have certainly helped him."
"Fight on, champ!"

The news of Schumacher's next step sparked back into life six days before the Formula 1 race in Austria of great joy. "We could not ask for a better start to the week," tweeted Schumacher's former team Mercedes. "Excellent news about Schumi this morning. Fighting continued, champ!" Wrote the team Caterham. "First of all, great to hear the positive news about Michael Schumacher, that he is no longer in a coma," said the Force India team of Schumacher-countryman Nico Hulkenberg. "Michael out of the coma. So happy," wrote former Formula 1 driver Nick Heidfeld.

"What a great message!" Schumacher also tweeted mate Lukas Podolski immediately and before the own performance of the German football national team on Monday at the World Cup in Brazil against Portugal: "I'm so glad and happy, as I have just found out." The former Bundesliga player Hans Sarpei wrote: "A message that is more beautiful than any victory."
Message alone does not mean much

According to Prof. Dr. Peter Vajkoczy, the Head of Neurology at the Charité Berlin, the message about Schumacher's waking states alone is not much. It could be that Schumacher had, for example, started to open his eyes or "has moved arms and legs," Vajkoczy told N24. "One can not conclude how good he is concerned it," said the neurologist.

A coma patient, should not be awake when he would be moved to a rehabilitation clinic. "There are all patients 'alertness Couleur' ​​treated," says neurologist. Under what constraints Michael Schumacher will suffer after his serious accident, can only be speculated. The accident could have both physical limitations and according to nature changes so Vajkoczy.

Biographer storm made the same statement. While it was "an important step" that the ex-racing driver was woken up, so storm, but it is likely to be "a very long way back to a normal life" for him, says the author.

Translation with google

16. Jun 2014, 14:05